Monday, June 15, 2009

Collective Soul - Tour With Gavin Degraw, Blog Contest, and new Album!

Collective Soul, my all time favorite band has a new album Rabbit coming out August 25th!
They are also kicking off a tour with Gavin Degraw in a few short days, along with several solo shows, and other bands throughout the summer all over the country!

They are giving fans up to the minute updates on twitter, facebook, their website, and myspace - such as their new single "Staring Down" which the released over a week ago to fans, that doesn't hit Itunes until tomorrow!

Follow the links below to check out the band's tour schedule, blog, twitter, myspace, and more. They actually talk to their fans!

They also have a catelog of nearly 100 songs, and below is a story as told with the songs and album titles of the band - as to why i really love collective SOUL!


http://twitter.com/collective_soul
http://www.myspace.com/collectivesoul
http://www.collectivesoul.com/blog/
http://www.collectivesoul.com/live/


Hints Allegations & Things Left Unsaid

Add Image
Going to my first Collective Soul concert was, truly, a once in a lifetime experience – I could hardly Breathe! Trying to Reach our destination was a huge fiasco, but of course, I was determined to make it. All of the Collective Soul concerts I have been to were general admission, so we knew that there would be no Wasting Time in arriving early so that we could get the much sought after place, front and center. Well, as it turns out it happened to be the same weekend of the state fair, so the parking issue was a nightmare, I wanted to Scream! We ended up getting lost and didn’t have the correct directions because of the unexpected road construction and state fair detours. My fiance had to call her brother who was at home to look up directions on MapQuest, I anxiously anticipated our directions and hoped we would make it in time, while he was looking up the directions her brother tried to Burn Bridges by singing “Sister Don’t Cry” to her. After getting clear directions, it seemed we were there In a Moments notice, thank God! I was anxious and eager to see the band members Shine! The show was everything I dreamed, And I felt more than ever Heavens Already Here on earth! Love Lifted Me that night as I proposed to my Own Pretty Donna , my wife to be – talk about a Goodnight Good Guy!


Collective Soul

The World I know changed from A Simple Place, when I found the music of Collective Soul’s Albums, my own little Collections of Goods, to a more complex world where all I wanted to do was Gel to their Music. Every December, I would get a new gift related to the band… my parents must have thought I was quite the Smashing Young Man! I may have a simple untitled job in life, but I bleed enjoyment in my love for all things Collective Soul! Can’t wait for a reunion trip to see them in Iowa near Where The River Flows at the River Riot, and When The Water Falls over the falls, I will jam with the crowd next to me at songs such as She gathers rain!



Disciplined Breakdown


Maybe I’m obsessed with Collective Soul, but who could Blame Me? They are everything I love about music, the near, far, and everything In Between. I’ve come full circle from not liking music at at all, to have the amazing tunes they keep giving us flooding my crowded head with joy. Luckily my wife has some forgiveness in the time spent to listen to this band and follow them on twitter, check them out at this Link: www.twitter.com/collective_soul. After all, we made a precious declaration to love each other through no matter what, even when I have my occasional Disciplined Breakdown !




Dosage

I know I’m not the One Fan out there deserving of a Crown as best fan to generate all the love for this band, as There are countless fans out there like me who are eager to run out and buy the next album coming out in August, and Compliment them on their two decade long success rate, that has help them to generate such an amazing fan base. We fans lead such a dandy life, as we Tremble for Our Beloved band that does all the hard work and to feed our needs! All we can ask is that they keep doing what they do, No More, No Less… and perhaps that this album isn’t too slow, and a little more Heavy like Dosage!




Blender

My Skin crawled with Happiness the first time I heard this band, as it made me Realize I did love music After All, as this band was the first I could Boast to – You Speak MY LANGUAGE! Every time I would Turn Around I would find something else to love about the band, and over Ten Years Later – I Know Why I Pt. 2 Collective Soul when ever I need a good tune to get me through the day. Afterall, The Perfect Day is when I can just sit outside, Vent with the radio on, and listen to all their rock gems.






Youth

After growing up in a Home that primarily listened to country music, I met my now wife who introduced me to the amazing band, Collective Soul. Needless to say, my life is drastically Better Now not only because of Him, but because my General Attitude towards music has changed (even though she still prods me as saying How Do You Love country music! Prior to knowing the band, I would listen to music mostly while riding in the car, now I have music on all of the time, whether I am in the car, cleaning my house, or teaching a classroom full of students. I am Counting the Days until I get to see Collective Soul live again! I am not going to be able to tell you everything Under Heaven’s Skies about Collective Soul and it’s band members, but, I am going to do my best in sharing some of my knowledge and more of the background history on how I have become a huge fan, I believe There’s a Way to get this done, all at the same time creating a fun blog and hoping I can win one of the astounding prizes that the band is giving away. Like a guiding Satellite, it feel like it feels alright to follow the collective souls, a Perfect place to stay!



Afterwords


To Spend an evening with collective Soul @ a meet and greet, ain’t that enough for any true music fan? All that I know is I would Give anything to experience it, and to wake up the next day sure would be a Good Morning After All. It is great to know I am Never Here alone in this world, as I married a Georgia Girl, and I don’t need anymore friends as there are countless to be made at the rocking live shows where everyone one is Bearing Witness to the amazing New Vibrations this band puts out! What Can I give You to convince you guys how much you really are Adored by your fans! Hollywood type fame hasn’t gone to your heads, and your fans appreciate this Persuasion of you!



Rabbit

I get that Fuzzy feeling, no not the one when I sing a Hymn for my father, thinking how much I would Love to meet Collective Soul, and how much it would Lighten Up My Life. I Dig and Love this Band So Much, And I’m staring down My days until I can see them again live. It’s harden to lighten up when trying to make logical understanding of my admiration of this band to you, as know one loves them like I do… except maybe my wife – She Does! Soon they will grace the stage again any day now to welcome all again to their stage!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Alraune said...

what a great blog entry..creative and so visually appealing! I am a very new fan of Collective Soul, and am loving learning about them from fans like you. I like to get to know other people, which is why I am on Twitter, and became aware of Collective Soul, in the first place. If you'd like to connect, I'd love to get to know more about you. You can find me @JoLoPe. I also wrote something about these guys in my blog, from a different perspective (http://worldofperspective.com / http://bit.ly/paEtb)

Cheryl said...

I have to say this was awesome!